Hello, now I didn't know that Winamp now ships with a flac plug-in. I used the flac plug-in for Winamp that I had to download. Everything dealing with flac files, including how to decode them to .wav and how to encode .wav files to flac is contained at
http://flac.sourceforge.net
Since I'm not sure of your experience with flac files, this will give you a starting point. These are used in the trading of concert recordings, and now a few artists are offering the flac downloads as an alternative to the mp3s.
Thanks a lot.
Matthew