The most accessible and easiest to use audio editor I have found is Studio Recorder from APH. I paid as much for it as I did Sound Forge, but the response time of SR is fantastic and saving and processing happens in the background without freezing the computer as happens to me with Sound Forge.

Kelly

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dane trethowan" <dane.tretho...@me.com>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 18, 2009 2:52 PM
Subject: Re: Creating A Podcast: Use Sound Forge 7 or Gold Wave?

If you're happy with what you're using then by all means use it, both programmes are very good however, my personal preference these days out of the two is Goldwave, its got a very feature rich command set, manual is extremely detailed, accessible and well laid out and so on. The author has gone to quite a bit of trouble to make this software accessible and it detects if a Screen Reading package is running, an excellent value for money product and I think its still under $50.00, a steal.

Another package you might consider for your Podcasting is Total Recorder, again another piece of software which is very accessible and has a very rich set of commands and features, many of which you'll find on my expensive audio editing applications, go for the "Total Recorder Professional" edition which has the very nice editor.

If you want to do things with open source software then perhaps try Audacity, was very nice when I last tried it on the PC.