To: <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 04, 2009 11:41 PM
Subject: Anyone using itunes?

Hi,

I was recently bought an Ipod nano.  I am trying to get to grips with
using itunes and don't seem to be getting very far.  I use JAWS 10 and
have a demo of 11 installed.  I have Itunes 9.0.1.8.  I've installed
J-tunes.

The problems I'm having are:

1.  Though the menus speak on the ipod it doesn't say the names of the
tracks.  My partner thinks I need to sync it again so that might be
ok.

2.  But I so far can't seem to do much at all when the Ipod is
connected to the computer.  I found and checked the checkbox saying
"manage music manually" or some such, so that I can select playlists
etc to put on the ipod.  But after that I either keep losing focus or
the status keeps saying "updating files" or "syncing" the ipod, and it
goes on like this for ages.  When I try to get into the item list JAWS
can't find it and after that I can't get focus back to Itunes at all.

T &T say that to use the latest version of Itunes you must use JAWS
11.  I've tried with a demo of JAWS 11 but it always has problems
focusing on Itunes and in general I'm getting better results with 10.
I did think maybe trying an earlier version of Itunes but my partner
reckons that would not work with my ipod.

3.  Also when I connect the ipod a message comes in itunes asking me
to register it.  I tried to do this because I thought that might have
been a reason for my focus problems but when I press the register
button I can't seem to read what the edit boxes are and get more focus
problems.

So I'm wondering - is anybody actually using Itunes with JAWS?  What
version?  What sort of ipod do you have?  Do you use j-tunes or not?
Have you got the ipod to speak the track names?

I'd really like to hear from anyone who's using Itunes.  There seems
to be so much information going around about version x of itunes is
accessible, version x of the ipod is accessible, j-tunes does this
that and the other, but I want to hear about someone actually using
the things and what your experiences are...

Hoping to hear from someone,
Catherine

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4574 (20091104) __________

http://www.eset.com