When I looked for a boom box I had to go to the store and actually feel them to see which had buttons and knobs I could work with. I have purchassed 3 of them and taken all of them back because they did not work. One would not play CDs correctly, another would noyt record and the third had some other problem. I currently use an older Soney that has a CD player and 2 tape players for recording and dubbing. Sorry I can't be more help but I could not tell from reading articles online if some of them were more accessible than others.
Rick USA
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marvin Hunkin" <startrekc...@gmail.com>
To: <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 03, 2009 1:39 AM
Subject: cd boom box recommendations

Hi.
looking for advice.
my boom box has bit the dust.
thought it was my cds tha were dodgy.
well had this baby for almost 25 years, and handed down by my baby brother.
now, the cd just started skipping and jumping.
but i knew the cd was good.
so i put one of my dads cds in, and it stutered, and would not play.
so the cd player has died.
not worth getting it replaced.
so, what ghetto blasters or boom boxes, have people purchased.
and some thing for a blind person easy to use.
does it just have a radio and a cd player.
so i can then listen to my cds.
with new models.
which models or brands, the good, bad and down right ugly.
want to get it right.
and will they play 80s minute blank cds.
stores do not sell 74 minute blank cds.
and from leading edge a spindle of 55 blank cdr cds tdk for $15.
if i go the rewriteable.
packs of 10 fo either $18 or $19 a pack.
which is the better way to go.
maybe just cdr.
as got over 800 tracks on my hard disk.
let me know if any one can help.