I don't know about the others..but with the C-Crane transmitters, they don't get out real good right out of the box! However (at least there used to be).a screw in that thing that you can turn..and it would increase the power (I had to have it done with mine)..and it made all the difference in the world! But then..someone told me that on the one they had, that little screw could not be found! Maybe they'd re-designed them so you can't do that anymore? Does anyone know? Tom Kaufman