From: pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org]
On Behalf Of Johnny Russo
Sent: Friday, April 02, 2010 2:40 PM
To: pc-audio@pc-audio.org
Subject: digital multi track recording

Hello everyone,

     I sent a message earlier today about a concept for a multi track
recorder with speech.  It would be a stand alone unit, similar to a Tascam
2488, Korg D3200, etc.  For every button you push, or menu for editing you
move to, it would always speak, to let you know where you are.  I've
contacted Tascam, let them know my idea, they're interested, but wonder how
many blind people would buy one.  A stand alone unit would be more stable
than a Mac or PC based software set up, and much less costly.  I'd like to
compile a list of all interested individuals.  If I can show Tascam, or
Korg, or Yamaha, that such an item would have marketability, development may
take place.  I mentioned Victor Stream and Book Sense and Olympus as
examples.  The technology exists, it's just a matter of putting it in one
unit.  We just need to convince the right manufacturer that speech added to
a multi track recorder is worth their time producing one.  I would also like
to propose this idea to other blind community users groups.  The more blind
individuals alerted to this idea, the more I can show manufacturers that
this will sell.  johnnyru...@windstream.net