In my business I do quite a bit of sound editing and always prefer to
separate my screen reader voice, routing it to the dry and almost toneless
output of a hardware synthesizer. I've made a considerable investment in
several hardware synthesizers including both the PCI and external versions
of the TripleTalk from Access Solutions. Within the last several months I
installed a new PC running Windows 7 64 bit in my sound booth and was quite
disappointed that Jaws for the 64 bit environment did not include drivers
for any hardware synthesizers. At that point I contacted Mike Cozzolino of
Access Solutions who agreed to begin work on the development of 64 bit
drivers for the TripleTalk series.

He quickly developed drivers to work with Window Eyes but has had little
cooperation from Freedom Scientific in his efforts to develop drivers for
Jaws. My question is whether anyone knows how and whom to contact at SF to
try and get some movement on the issue? I've written to support, but
received responses which told me what I already know, that at present there
is no support for hardware synthesizers, which was my initial point. Here we
have a vendor willing to invest the time and money to continue offering to
support a product, and I would sincerely hope that SF would feel the same. I
would be very disappointed as well to lose my investment in these hardware
synthesizers.

Tony Swartz