There are no specific rules.  Realize that the free database that EAC
uses does not have information on some albums.  The commercial CDDB
database that Winamp and iTunes use can be accessed using the .player
program.  And exported as an .ini file that can be imported into EAC.

>From experience, I have found a few conventions that work for me as a
screen reader user.  I have EAC create one folder for each disc
ripped.  The default is to create a folder for the artist and then for
the disc.  I place the artist name first in the folder name followed
by the album name.  Sometimes with an artist of many albums I place
the year between the artist name and the album name.  For albums with
multiple CD’s, I create one folder for the album and a folder for each
CD with the artist and album name followed by the CD number.  If I
simply labeled it CD1, the folder could not be identified easily if it
were separated from the album folder, such as with a portable media
player.

I follow a different naming convention for each track, to ensure the
tracks appear in the same order as they do on the album, I enable EAC
to number each track with single digit numbers beginning with a zero,
such as 01, 012 and so forth.  This is followed by the track name
only.  As a screen reader user, I find it frustrating to listen to the
album and artist name on an album folder I have already accessed.

These practices are similar to those used by many who rip albums.

Kelly