To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Friday, April 30, 2010 8:27 PM
Subject: Re: saving and playing audio books from my NLS player

I should mention that manipulating the NLS content so that it can be played on a device not authorized for it, especially getting it into mp3 format, is a violation of your agreement with NLS. You need to be careful not to do that, and also not to give out ways and means to others. It will hurt all of us as patrons if users abuse the system. Apparently something like this happened a few years ago with the Web Braille system, and it was shut down for a while, with dire pronouncements that it wouldn't return. Please enjoy NLS content responsibly.
Matthew