To: "PC audio discussion list. " <Pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Sunday, May 16, 2010 9:31 PM
Subject: Strange Windows Media Thing

Hello List: Have had something strange happen recently..and it's happened twice: there was a station I wanted to hear that uses Windows Media to stream their audio. When I decided I had listened as long as I wanted, I hit my "alt-F4 to stop the stream and close out Windows Media. Well now..while Windows Media seemed to go away, the stream did not! I was back on my desk top..and found myself looking around to find how to get to the stream to stop it..but could not! This happened again with a different station that also uses "Windows Media" to stream their audio; same experience: when I went to close it out, the stream kept on going..although Windows Media was gone! The only way to stop it (as far as I could tell)..is to restart the computer! Can somebody please tell me what is happening here? I'm using Jaws 11, running Windows XP Home with Service pack 3; the sound card is an Audigy 2 (think I'm right on this)..hopefully I have provided enough information to you so you can figure out what is going on here! It's very strange when you know (or at least you _think_ you know that you have closed out the player..but the stream plays on..with no way to stop it!
Tom Kaufman