Hi: I have heard about this exact problem when I was on the MidiMag e-list. They said to do something like copy the one channel to another track and merge them or something. I know next to nothing about recording so will defer to others but it is an actual problem others have had and solved. If you are going to go into recording much more than just a very little you might get on the Midi-Mag E-list. There are allot of professional sound folks who are blind there. It is a very active list and if you ask them the guy, or guys, who had that problem can tell you exactly, step by step perhaps for GoldWave, how they solved it. Evidently when you make a mono recording it is on one track. So, you copy the one track so you have 2 tracks and actually make a stereao recording? That sounds silly but that is sort of what I remember one solution as being.
Rick USA
----- Original Message ----- From: "chris hallsworth" <christopher...@googlemail.com>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 11:05 PM
Subject: GoldWave and stereo files

Hello all,
I've had some comments off list regarding my podcast, saying they could only hear it out of one channel. Does anyone know what's going on here? I have a mono version of it, but is that the actual problem? I would have thought that if GoldWave creates a stereo file, the recording is expected to come out of both channels, wouldn't it? If not, why?
All help would be greatly appreciated.
--

Mr Technician
E-mail and Facebook: christopher...@googlemail.com