http://www.decade.ca/
----- Original Message ----- From: "hank smith" <hanksmi...@gmail.com>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Saturday, June 26, 2010 5:24 PM
Subject: Re: Veronica FM transmitter

what is the website fore Decade?
----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob Seed" <bobs...@tbaytel.net>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Saturday, June 26, 2010 8:48 AM

If you are only thinking of broadcasting within your home environment say
200 feet this will not be a big issue, however beyond that limit this could
be a concern if you cause interference with licence broadcasters!
There are a number of factors that will ultimately determine the output
power of a broadcast transmitter! If you are applying for a FCC  or Industry
Canada licence they will want to know the make and model of the transmitter,
physical, location of same, type of antenna  being used, and whether it is
compatible with the transmitter, height of the antenna above sea level,
whether you intend to broadcast directional or non directional, choice of
frequency, and whether or not you will be interfering with other stations on
that same frequency. They also take into consideration the proximity of
adjacent stations. The end result is that if one is making an application
for a professional station the work involved in securing a broadcast licence
is an exact science! I stand corrected on a previous post! In that post I
mentioned a Canadian distributor of Veronica transmitters and the price
being in the range of 600-dollars! It was the Decade line of transmitters
that I was looking at and not Veronica! Decade make a line of very low power
FM transmitters that are approved by the FCC for home use. These
transmitters are made in Canada, and are extremely reliable, and the price
for these transmitters is in the 600-dollar range, and they do ship to the
United States.
----- Original Message ----- From: "André van Deventer" <andred...@webafrica.org.za>