The event which precipitated this post was the installation of
GoldWave, version 5.57.  As I hadn't installed the two or three
versions just prior to 5.57, this really seems like a radical change,
and frankly, I am having difficulty getting acclamated to some of
these changes.

At any rate, would someone please explain, preferably in English, just
what is meant by vertical zoom and horizontal zoom.  Although I
understand that it has to do with identifying a region of a file on
which to perform audio editing, I am having problems grasping just
what is meant.

Also, if someone would be so kind as to explain the difference in the
play functions of f2, f3, and f4, I would be most grateful.

Lastly, somehow I can no longer read the V U meters as I could in
older versions.  What options do I need to modify in order to regain
this accessibility?

Thanks much.

Don Roberts