do you have the direct sound  option selected cause this will stop this from
happening the wave out put pluggin will make this behivor happen

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jed Barton" <j...@jedbarton.com>
To: <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Sunday, September 19, 2010 11:51 AM
Subject: a strange issue with winamp

Hey guys,

I have a playlist put together here in winamp.  Something wierd is happening
in some of these songs when they start playing, my PC makes a ding sound,
and i see in another windows something that says  wave form file
information.  I press enter on it and it goes away, then a few songs later
in the playlist, this may have it again on another song.  Any way to get rid
of this, it's really annoying.

Thanks,
Jed