Hi Larry,

The suggestions were not Jaws specific. Although Audacity is not completely
accessible, a large part of it can be used with Jaws, Window-Eyes, and NVDA.
I'm
not sure about system access, and I don't think it's as accessible using
voiceover at the moment.

Regarding applying an effect to a single track. Since posting my reply, I've
realiized that there's something else that might be the problem. In audacity,
select audio, you have to select one or more tracks, and also a time range.
However, there's an option, select all audio in project if none selected, and
by
default this is on. So if you've selected a single track, but no time range,
then when you apply an effect it will automatically select all tracks and a
time
range which covers all the audio, and then apply the effect to everything. The
best thing to do is to disable this option. In the preferences dialog, it's
under the tracks category (see the selecting audio section of the jaws guide
for
more details about this option).

To select the audio in a single track, prior to applying an effect:
1. Set the track to be selected, and the others unselected.
2. To select a time range with covers the audio in the selected track, press
the
letter j to move the cursor to the start of audio in the selected track, and
then shift+k to select a time range up until the end of the audio in the
selected track. (pressing k on its own moves the cursor to the end of the audio
in the selected track or tracks). See the moving the cursor and selecting audio
sections of the jaws guide for more details.

David.