Hi Wendy,

May I ask where you got the Sansa?  Did you buy it from someone, or
did you Rockbox it yourself?  I think you're in the UK, so I kind of
have an idea where you might have purchased it, if you did get it from
someone else.

I'm surprised the instruction manual said to use the Music folder, as
that is a folder I steer my customers away from, and it is apparently
the problem you are running into.

The Music folder seems to be part of the DRM-protection scheme
inherent in the Sansa players, and it does do some very strange
things, like disappearing files.  Sometimes, the whole folder
disappears, and you won't be able to see it on your computer!

Just create a folder called "My Music" or something similar and copy
the folders out of the Music folder and into it instead.

That would be the first thing to take care of.  There may be other
reasons why the files aren't showing up on the player, but this is the
first thing that needs to be corrected.

Kim also mentioned the user list for people who use a Rockboxed Sansa
MP3 player, and subscribing is accomplished by sending a blank email
to:
rockboxedsansatalkingmp3players-subscr...@yahoogroups.com

I'm on the digest mode on the PC-Audio list, so I'll see your answer
next time the digest comes around, probably tomorrow, so if you wish
to contact me directly, you can do so by sending your email to:
laza...@gmail.com

Regards,

Laz

"Wendy Dundas" <wendy.dun...@btinternet.com> wrote:

Hi Laz
I'm using Rockbox and I'm copying and pasting into the Music folder within
the audio files section as per the Instruction Manual.
Thanks a lot.
Wendy