You need to disable the check for updates option under the Winamp
preferences.  Once you do this, you won't get stuck any more.

-----Original Message-----
From: pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org]
On Behalf Of Tom Kaufman
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 11:52 AM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: For Winamp users

I certainly hope they've gotten rid of that awful way it notifies you for
updates!  Currently..if it prompts you for an update, it won't let you opt
out of it (am sure it can be done)..but as far as I've been able to tell, a
blind or visually impaired person cannot do it; the only way to get rid of
it is to just reboot the computer!
Tom Kaufman