I've never watched a streamed movie on Netflix; however, I have watched DVD's from Netflix, and they definitely were! ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mary Otten" <maryot...@comcast.net>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 10:45 AM
Subject: Re: accessible surround sound receiver?

I appreciate the tip on the older accessible receivers. One of my major
interests here is netflix streaming, and somewhere I recently read that
the streams are in just 2-channel stereo, even if the dvd is encoded
with dolby digital 5.1. I tried to confirm that by looking at the
streaming info for a film that is available both as a dvd and as
streamed content. The streaming details didn't say anything about this
aspect, while the dvd details talked about 5.1 encoding, closed
captioning and stated that the English sound was 5.1, while the French
was dolby 2-channel. Does somebody know from experience if surround
sound is available with netflix streams?

Mary