Ah, I see. I guess I just think of Audio and video as being
interchangeable terms for the most part, since they have so much
hardware and software in common. As always, I'll defer to the moderator.
--
Christopher
[email protected]
On 1/14/2011 1:00 PM, Tom Kaufman wrote:
Hi Christopher: Thanks; wasn't sure (since this is mostly an "audio"
list..if "video"..would be "on Topic! (don't want to get in trouble
with our moderator--smile!
Tom Kaufman
----- Original Message ----- From: "Christopher Chaltain"
<[email protected]>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2011 1:55 PM
Subject: Playing DVD's [was "Re: Hopefully Not "off-Topic""]
How could you possibly think this is off topic for this list? :-)
I would suggest using a better subject line though. If I'd been
checking this from another PC, I probably would have skipped over a
subject that doesn't say anything but "I hope this isn't off topic."
You probably wish I had checked this from my cell phone though, since
I can't help you. I did go ahead and change the subject line though.
--
Christopher
[email protected]
On 1/14/2011 12:47 PM, Tom Kaufman wrote:
Hi list: I know this is an "audio list"..but my problem concerns
playing DVDs! Am trying to assess if the reason why my computer
will not play DVDs is the fault of the DVD drive..or if I just need
the right DVD playing software to play the things! Let me give you
some background first: just before Christmas, I was given some CDs
to record to cassette (one of them didn't work..or so I
thought)..the long and short of it is that..what I thought was a CD
was a DVD! So I decided to try to play it in my computer to find
out for sure! I tried Windows Media..no soap; I also tried using
Real Player (got video..but no sound)..I tried Power DVD (it told me
I had to buy it (I didn't think I did..but that's what it was
telling me (that my "trial period had run out!" So I called my
tech; he put me on to this program called VLC Media Player! I tried
a couple of DVDs in it; it'll play them..but not right; I don't know
if I can explain what it's doing (by the way..this VLC Media Player
isn't that accessible)..so maybeyou folks can also point me in the
right direction with that too! But with VLC Media player, the DVDs
will at least "play"..but it skips and jumps and just sounds crazy!
So as you can probably figure out, I need to know if I need to have
something done with my DVD drive..or do I just need the right
program (hopefully one that is accessible)..BTW-I do have some
vision, so I would need something that will show me the video (I've
heard of DVD Audio Extractor..which won't work for my purposes!
I'll be most grateful for any help or direction you can give..and my
apologies if this is "off-topic"..since this is a PC Audio list; I
just don't know where else to turn at the moment!
Tom Kaufman
To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to:
[email protected]
To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to:
[email protected]
To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to:
[email protected]
To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to:
[email protected]