Clear kote makes a really good cd cleaning product
called Disk Restorer.
. I have heard of a product called CD Dr. I have used both Armerall and tooth paste. I think cleaning a cd really good with dawn is a really good solution. I have used the clear kote disk restorer on CDs that wouldn't even boot up and it worked great restoring the Boot table of the cd.
If I fix a cd I make a coppy of the cd to back it up.
I would say that Tooth paste is the most unlikely method of cleaning a cd. Armerall works but who knows how much dust you will trap on the cd at a later time.
But I love the clear kote.
If you can't find a cleaning product at your local record store Give this product a try.
Contact Larry or Donna, Owners

(918) 371-9122
here is the website to look it up.
http://www.cdrestorer.com/