Hi all. After a little more research, I found out that it's the combination
of the Xenyx 502 mixer and the UCA200 audio interface that is the problem.
My only decent solution is to buy another setup. I found that the Behringer
1202 USB should do what I need regarding making musical recordings while
monitoring my input with headphones because it has the built-in audio
interface. If anyone knows of a different solution for doing this with a USB
or firewire audio interface, I would be grateful to hear about it.

Tony Hernandez

http://dutyofman.net/

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep His
commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every
work into judgment, whether it be good, or whether it be evil. (Ecclesiastes
12:13-14)