To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Friday, March 04, 2011 1:26 AM
Subject: Re: FLAC Question

I thought I made myself clear when explaining Cue sheets etc, I'll say it again FLAC files don't hold information by default.

When playing a FLAC file it is not uncompressed by the player rather its decoded in exactly the same way as a MP3, WMA, OGG or any other file, if expansion of compressed files were to occur when a player played each one then yes it would take a while and you'd need one hell of a lot of memory not to mention some nice complex software <smile>.