Hi Dane.

I don't know how much memory you have, but my experience tells me that the
more ram you have on one of those netbooks for that sort of thing the
better. Goldwave should not pose much of a problem, but you might get more
stability if you could make sure the processor priority is lower than normal
for intensive operations  like batch processing. In cases like that, I also
like to terminate the windows explorer process to give the computer more
resources to work with. To do this

1. Open the task manager with Control+Escape.
2. Control+Tab until you get to the Process page.
3. Look for the Explorer.exe process and tab to the End Process Button.
Press it and confirm.
4. Close the task manager.

Ending the explorer process will get rid of your desktop and start button
and system tray access, as well as any hotkeys like control+Alt+J for
launching programs. However, you can still Alt+Tab and Alt+Shift+Tab to
cycle between programs, and Control+Escape will still open the Task Manager.
To restart the explorer process:
1. Open the Task Manager again as above.
2. Since the Processes Tab was your previous page, Control+Shift+Tab to get
to the Tasks page.
3. Alt+N to start a new task.
4. Type "explorer" without the quotes and press enter. The Explorer process
will come back again. This procedure should work with no problem if you
happen to lose your screen reader, heaven forbid.

Tony Hernandez
http://dutyofman.net/
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep His
commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every
work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether
it be evil. (Ecclesiastes 12:13-14)