Hmm, odd. Are you using braille input to type or format your messages? I checked your message, and it turned my original message into the word couldex, when my actual message said c d e x, as four distinct letters. I'd never seen that happen before, when it made c d translate into the braille contraction could. Anyhow, once you put a cd into the drive and start cdex up, it will automatically pull the cd from its database, assuming it's a regular commercial cd. It goes by the time of each track. That's how it figures out what cd you've put in. There are a couple of places where using the mouse cursor, or Jaws cursor will help, specifically in opening up areas where you tell the program where to store the files. Also, you'll probably want to read the help area inside the program that deals with the percent signs and how to structure that format so that it puts the files in the correct folder structure. On another unrelated note, and you may want to respond off-list for this, but have you kept up with Ed Potter's announcements which he continues to do? How are you doing otherwise? He said you might be in Virginia, but also I think you're from New York as well. We've not corresponded before, but when the archives of Playback magazine and the underground tapes became available on mp3, I listened to the magazine from its beginning, though I hadn't ever been aware of it beforehand. So keep asking questions about cdex, and I'll try to help as best I can. Matthew