Hi everyone.  I know that this is a very generalised question and that
people like to please their own preferences, but any general advice on
what to consider or specific recommendations of appropriate machines
would be gratefully received.  Basically, I'm looking to do some
internet radio broadcasting, and I believe that my current laptop is
presenting issues with my output (the music broadcasts fine, but vocal
broadcasting comes out in very poor quality, even though using exactly
the  same microphone and soundcard set-up sounds fine in GoldWave).  I
presume that I need a certain level of RAM and speed of processor, and
that there may even be other issues to consider.  I have no experience
of Apple products, so would be most comfortable with a Windows XP
product if a suitable one is still produced or likely to be available
secondhand.  Likewise, I'd much rather use a laptop as this would
satisfy my other needs and enable me to broadcast from places other
than my home, but even clarification of whether it is
feasible/realistic to do internet broadcasting with a laptop rather
than a PC would be very helpful.

Many thanks in advance for any help, Danny