Hi all.  I'm toying with the idea of experimenting with various media
players.  Unfortunately not all are worth the trouble and still others are
not accessible with JAWS.  At this time I use both VLC witch does a good
enough job and WMP which is fine but rather restrictive.  I'm referring here
to playback and neither ripping nor burning as I use Nero express for
burning, and now and then Express burn.  For ripping I use CDEX which I
like.  I used to use Reel player but when I got my PC reformatted I never
did reinstall it.  My question is how does Winamp compare with the other
media players I've mentioned?  I have never observed this player being used
nor of course tried it.  Is it accessible with JAWS 12 and or do you need
scripts to access it's functions?  How is the playback quality and response
time.  Sometimes the latest version isn't the best version so in your
opinion, what version is the most successful?  Finally, what other players
would you recommend, free or otherwise.  The important thing is ease of use,
it is of little use if the sound quality is the best in the world but if you
can't use it with a screen reader then it is a waste of time.  All comments
will be welcome and read.  Walter.