It is oftopic

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org]
För Christopher Chaltain
Skickat: den 14 januari 2012 18:11
Till: PC Audio Discussion List
Ämne: Re: Samsung Galaxy line of products, are they accessible?

For my part, this is clearly off topic for this list, but obviously it's
ultimately up to Tom to decide. If any topic related to cell phones or
screen readers was on topic for this list then we'd quickly be
overwhelmed. I think this is evident given how many lists there are
dedicated to screen readers and cell phones. In fact, whether this is on
topic for this list or not, a list dedicated to cell phone access would
 be a more efficient way to get you the information you're looking for,
as a previous message from Dane will demonstrate.

A good list would be the accessible phones list, which you can subscribe
to by sending a blank email message to:
blindphones-subscr...@mosenexplosion.com

BTW, back to the original question, I don't think Samsung is trying to
compete with the iPhone. Look at the specifications of the Galaxy line
of phones and how many devices are out there running Android versus IOS,
and you might find that it's the other way around.

Not all Galxy phones run Android 2.3. The Galaxy Nexis for example, runs
Android 4.0 (also known as Ice Cream Sandwich) which has some serious
accessibility improvements, including being able to activate Talk Back
from the setup screen with no sighted assistance. In addition to Talk
Back, other screen readers for Android include the free and open source
Spiel as well as Mobile Accessibility for Android from Code Factory,
which is not free.

Back to the topic of the mailing list, here's what it says about what's
on topic for this list in the greeting email each of us got when we
subscribed to the list:

PC-audio is a list for the discussion of any PC audio related topic
such as PC audio software like sound editors, audio players and audio
formats; and hardware like sound cards, CD and DVD devices and so on.

Willfully posting an off-topic message is
strictly prohibited. While it may be considered that one or two
messages that are off topic can't hurt, if everyone on a large list
like this took that approach, we would quickly descend into chaos.
Asking for replies to be sent privately makes no difference.

On 14/01/12 09:47, Dane Trethowan wrote:
> Everything! it connects to a computer, plays MP3 but most importantly it
can talk and uses a Screen Reader.