Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2012 4:39 AM
To: PC audio discussion list.
Cc: tvi-t...@yahoogroups.com
Subject: los of sound problem with USB mic.

hello all,
have just got a new USB stereo mic for use with my laptop, as it doesn't have any standard mic inputs, and I don't think much of the built in mic on it, but am having a problem. when I plug the mic in, I lose all sound, and far worse, my window-eyes speech. it comes back when I unplug the mic again, but why is this happening? even when I set window-eyes specifically to go via the built in realtec soundcard, I still get no speech when the mic is plugged in.
does anyone have any ideas how I can fix this problem please?

Simon