Hello all.
A new version of Total Recorder , 8.3, is available from the Total Recorder website. www.totalrecorder.com. One new feature I like personally, and this is for Windows 7 only, is support, both for playback and recording, of the various types of MP4 formats, including M4A. Reason I like it? Excellent CD quality despite the smaller file size. For those who have never tried the program before, you can download a free, fully functional evaluation copy from the above website. The only limitation is the insertion of a short noise in a recording after about every minute. The company, High Criteria, welcomes any support required even in the evaluation mode. The license costs at least $18 depending on the edition, plus there are discounts if you decide to upgrade from one edition to another. All updates to the program are free of charge for the lifetime of the product.
Enjoy.
--

Christopher H