From: pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On
Behalf Of André van Deventer
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2012 11:24 PM
To: pc-audio@pc-audio.org
Subject: bitrate of files on youtube

Hi all

Something I have been wondering about.  Is it possible to find out the
original bitrate of files uploaded to youtube?

Most conversion services only seem to give you the option of 128 kbps
encoding quality - something I would not normally use.  But I have found
that many youtube files are of a lower quality than that actually.  So is
there a limit on sound quality for youtube files  that are uploaded?

Andre