Thanks Steve.

I appreciate your comments.

Yes there was someone writing scripts for Adobe Audition for window eyes but I guess that project may have died on the vine maybe due to changes in the audition software that just couldn't be worked around.

I don't know.

I do have sound forge 8 and the noise reduction module but have heard that version 8 is not compatible with 64 bit windows 7 so haven't tried installing any of it.

Don