I'm curious. How many processors does each person have? A dual core
processor would run a bit slower in general (although it may not be
noticeable) but would handle audio processing tasks better. A single
core system would definitely seem sluggish when doing a lot of audio
processing. I know when I upgraded to a dual core processor,
multitasking while I was doing some audio processing tasks was
definitely snappier.

--
Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail