To: <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 1:08 PM
Subject: broadcasting software

hello fellow listers:
I'm planning to join the team of djs at mushroomFM sometime in the near future. I've finally got a mic, all I need now, is the necessary broadcasting software. I'm trying to decide between Stationplaylist Studio and Winamp. I've heard that both programs are capable of broadcasting content online. The only trouble is, I'm on a tight budgit, and can't aford expensive equipment. Have any of you ever used either of these two programs? if so, what's it like to use them? Are either of them accessible with a screen reader? I'm basically looking for software that will allow me to turn the mic on and off at any point during the show, and be able to talk over the music and get a balance between my voice and the audio going out over the air. I know this can be done with an audio mixer, but I don't have one. Is having one necessary to broadcast online? Finally, does anyone know of a software program that I could use as a virtual cart machine to play sound effects? Thanks.
Mike
Rochester, NY.