Evan: I can't remember which operating system you're running, so I probably can't provide the exact info you're looking for here; what I _can_ tell you is that..yes..the Winamp tool bar can be removed! In XP, it's a matter of going to Add/Remove Programs and just arrow down until you come to it! Now Windows 7 may have a different way, but since I am not familiar with Seven, I don't want to lead you down the wrong path! But I would assume that you still could remove that darned tool bar! Best of luck and let us know how you're making out! Hopefully there'll be someone who can explain this a lot better than I can..but am almost sure you can get rid of MR. Tool Bar!
Tom Kaufman
----- Original Message ----- From: "Evan Reese" <ment...@dslextreme.com>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2012 11:42 PM
Subject: Re: JAWS Scripts for Winamp?

Thanks Alex. Well, the problems started during the installation. Firstly, unlike my Window Eyes, JAWS wouldn't tell me which check marks were checked in the library section. Hitting the spacebar where I knew the check marks had to be gave me no response. So I had to take the default settings. Also, unlike Window Eyes, I didn't get any chance to uncheck the Winamp toolbar and the 50 free mp3 files and whatever else is in that final dialogue box. I tried to find them, but couldn't read anything in there. So I think the Winamp toolbar must be running. That may be part of the problem, but I don't know how to uninstall it, or even whether it can be uninstalled without reinstalling Winamp, which would take me back to the initial problem. It doesn't read the bookmarks correctly, meaning that when you arrow down through them, it doesn't just read the titles, but often reads the urls that go with the titles. So something isn't running properly with those scripts. I went into the preferences section and made sure it was on the classic skin, but who knows? The way JAWS reads things in Winamp, or doesn't as the case may be, I don't know for sure if it's running the bento skin, which seems to be the default, or the classic skin.

Can I get rid of the Winamp toolbar without reinstalling? If so, that may perhaps help the situation. If not, then I don't know how to install this thing correctly with JAWS 13 so it runs as accessibly as it can.

Thanks again.

Evan
----- Original Message ----- From: "Alex Stone" <alexstone...@btinternet.com>