The reason I am interested in using Adobe Audition is because of its
multitrack editing capabilities, as I have some tracks I would like to edit,
and I would like to be able to do this at home with Window-Eyes.

-----Original Message-----
From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Vítek
Sent: 02 December 2012 18:32
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: Accessibility of Adobe Audition

Hi Sam,

My view might be a little subjective but from what I've tried out in the
past when I got myself Adobe Audition just to take a look at it got totally
worse than e.g. 2.1 version of Adobe Audition when you know they changed
their label from Cool Edit which was the predecessor of that one. I wasn't
confortable with that as many objects were placed without any shortcut keys
on the screen beyond the menu so OK it was possible to grab them using the
virtual mouse and crowling around but it was a real pain. It has the
standard menu from what I remember and maybe they improved some particular
things of that I can't tell but generally the older version were incredible
having most of things in menu reachable via the keyboard unlike the latest
versions. But maybe somebody knowing more of that will chime in. I say the
most blind-friendly one is Sound Forge:).

For the record I don't think it'll be better with Window Eyes as the
universal way of the layout and localizing the object is identical to all
screen readers regardless of whether it's NVDA Jaws or Window Eyes etc.

Tapin-radio coordinator