Bear in mind that if the file is VBR the accuracy of the times may be questionable.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rob Tabor" <rob.ta...@sbcglobal.net>
To: "'PC Audio Discussion List'" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2012 9:43 AM
Subject: RE: an annoyance with Winamp

Good morning Larry and Listers.

You may or may not know that Winap enables you to time jump the playback
cursor to a specific time point. If you type CTRL+J you will be prompted to enter a time. For example, if you want to jump the cursor to 22 minutes and 35 seconds you would type 22:35 and press Enter. IF you want to jump to the 2 hour 28 minute mark you would type 148:00. This is because Winamp appears
to operate in minutes recognition mode as opposed to the hh/mm/ss format.

Alternatively, Winamp also enables time markers to be defined and to move
from one specified time marker to another, very analogous to setting
bookmarks in a digital book audio file. To set a time kmarker you would type
m, and to go to a preset time marker type alt+shift+M. I hope this helps.
Best regards,
Rob Tabor