From: "Danny Miles" <milaser2...@googlemail.com>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Monday, December 24, 2012 12:48 AM
Subject: Looking for Accessible Digital Recorder

Hi all.  Wonder if anyone can please advise.  My trusty Olympus DS40
has bitten the dust, so I'm looking for an accessible and affordable
digital recorder to replace it.  I'm based in the UK and am mainly
looking to use a future device for interviewing and field recording
for documentaries (music, atmosphere, particular activities such as
sounds from sports training and the like).

Although I have ageneral understanding of production procedures I've
never looked at different devices with their pros and cons, and my
only knowledge in terms of accessible equipment is the Olympus line
(and I don't even know if that's as accessible as it used to be).  For
example, I'm used to recording by plugging a proper mic into the
appropriate jack (usually an SM58), but I know that some machines have
dual microphones an I don't know how acceptable the quality of
internal microphones is these days.

Any help much appreciated.

Danny