i have not heard of that microphone.
Some microphones are sensitive to placement.

Can you set listen to this device in recording settings? That will let you listen to your voice as you use the headset. Make sure you have headphones on and that it is playing through the sound card that your headset is attached to.

Skype and some other programs have automatic volume controle. It works well in Skype to level out those changes.

Bob