I couldn't find anything about the buffer size in the Creative Audio
Console.

-----Original Message-----
From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Aidan
Maher
Sent: 17 January 2013 18:18
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: Latency with Microphones and Soundblaster Audigy Soundcard

Its very strange that even a USB mic give you latency. Can you set the
buffer size of the sound blaster? I don't no how accessible its
control panel are as I don't have one. That is why I love focusrite
soundcards, because they have a direct monitor function. This by pass
the pc  and you here what you recording directly. Anyway, I guess that
something between the headphones and the master output is rong.