To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 7:25 AM
Subject: Size on disck: for data dvds?

So when organizing my file collection to put onto cd and dvd, I've figured out that if the properties of a folder say Size On Disc: 698mb, that this is filling up a cd with data, and that I can't really put much more data on it. I figured this out when I used to use an old program called Stomp Record Now Max. This program doesn't work in Windows7, so I use Express Burn. However, Express Burn doesn't tell me if I've exceeded the maximum for a dvd. Can anyone tell me what the Size On Disc line in the properties should read when you can't fit any more data onto a regular 4.7gb data dvd? I realize that even though the size on disc may say 698, the number right next to it on the same line may say 734 megabytes, which is 34 megs beyond a normal cd, but it seems to burn just fine.
Thanks a lot.
Matthew