I had some USB headphones with microphone which I got to use on my previous PC. I wanted to use it so I could use Skype so plugged them in and Windows 7 home premium 64 bit PC found the drivers.

So I go to the volume control on my system tray and choose playback. There is a combo box where I can go between the USB headphones and the RealTech speakers.

I select one and tab to set as default and hit enter. but something weird is going on.

When I select the RealTech speakers as my default all sound comes from my headphone. And the volume icon in the system tray says speakers.

To be able to hear through my speakers I have to choose the headphone. so the icon in the system tray says headphone but the sound come from my speakers except for the sound from my media player of choice which is Dawm Pot player. so I have to wear my headphones to listen to media but JAWS comes through the speakers.

I just tried it with iTunes and the audio from that program also comes through the headphones.

What is making this weird thing happen and what do I need to do to get it straightened out?

Dean