Hi John,

I've not done much in internet broadcasting but did a little with shoutcast. If you are looking for a large number of listeners, have you looked at third party streaming hosts like:
http://www.listen2myradio.com/

As far as I know, when you host your own streaming server, the number of listeners is restricted to things like server hardware, isp host etc. When I dabbled on my 4gb ram pc with adsl isp host of 256kps up stream, I only got 5/6 concurrent listeners at 128bit streams before it started buffering.

So by making use of a third party streaming host, you only have to maintain the stream to the host, while your listeners get their streams from the host.

hth, John
----- Original Message ----- From: "John Chilelli" <[email protected]>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <[email protected]>
Sent: Sunday, May 05, 2013 6:47 AM
Subject: Re: PHP and Shoutcast


Hi Humberto,

I am wanting seriously to do a internet radio broadcast and was wondering if shoutcast was the way to go. I don't want to just broadcast to a few folks, but to mmany many. I am truly a greenhorn concerning all of this stuff. I have a MacBook Pro that I am just learning and I am running a Kruzweil K2600 keyboard through an Allen - Heath Zed 12FX mixer that I just got today. I have a lot to learn and I was also wondering if you would point me to some simple but good tutorials or podcasts on this subject?

Thanks much,

Blessings,

John
On 5/1/2013 9:53 PM, Humberto Rodriguez wrote:
Hello all,

I have installed Shoutcast 2 in my VPS and have figured out how to obtain
stats and more, but although I am able to easy start, stop and restart the
server in the background from the command line or with a shell script, I
have not been able to do it from a PHP script from the browser, for easy
management.  The shell_exec() function does not do it, for some reason
uncomprehended by me.

I have searched extensively in Google and Winamp without success. Any ideas
of how to do it, or where to find the answer?

TIA,

Humberto



To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to:
[email protected]



To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to:
[email protected]



To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to:
[email protected]

Reply via email to