The subject line says it all when it comes to this pair of speakers.

The Altec Lansing Expressionists speakers have little in the way of features
but who really cares about that when cost is low and sound - for a pair of
desktop speakers - is worth recommending on its own.

The speaker system has only 3 buttons, power, volume up and volume down which
are situated on the rear of the right speaker.  the volume up and down buttons
are identifiable by the plus and minus signs, the power button is a button with
a detent, not that much different to the sort of button you'd find at the
bottom of an iPhone screen.

The Expressionists speakers are designed in such a way that they cannot be
easily knocked over, this is achieved by the speakers having cylinders at the
rear which touch the desk and rubber feet at the front, I also suspect that the
cylinders give an opportunity to the speakers to output more bass.

Each speaker contains 1 3 inch driver and sound is surprisingly good throughout
the spectrum.

The system has 2 3.5MM jack input sockets which are mixed together so 2 devices
can be run simultaneously if required.

Volume is louder than I expected and the system does indeed deliver a good
punchy sound, nothing tinny about these speakers whatever.

If you want high performance for music or games then this speaker set is
obviously not the 1 to pick but if you have a very limited budget and want a
set of speakers with all round good performance without too much compromise
then this system at $50.00 is very hard to pass up, I'll be using this speaker
system until my Harman Kardon sound sticks arrive in a few weeks and I have no
trouble with that.

Dane Trethowan
Skype: grtdane12
Phone US (213) 438-9741