You sure? I thought that to begin with, when I bought them from eBay they were 
labeled Altec Lansing Expressionists.


On 01/07/2013, at 6:33 PM, "Brian Olesen" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi,
> and just for the record. It's Expressionist without an s.
> 
> Brian, who was so inspired by this that I tried to order a pair but couldn't 
> find them here, so ordered a pair of creative speakers with bluetooth instead.
> But I like Altec Lansing allot myself!
> 
> Brian
> -----Oprindelig meddelelse----- From: Dane Trethowan
> Sent: Monday, July 01, 2013 9:56 AM
> To: PC Audio Discussion List
> Subject: Re: Altec Lansing Expressionists Speakers,Cheap Price But Not Cheap 
> Sound
> 
> The Altec Lansing Expressionists FX2020 speakers.
> 
> Yes there are several models in the Expressionists range including 
> Expressionists Ultra, Expressionists Plus, Expressionists Classic and the 
> original Expressionists FX2020 themselves.
> 
> I have the Expressionists Plus and they're okay though nowhere near as good 
> as the Expressionists Ultra were for a 2.1 channel speaker system.
> 
> The Expressionists FX2020 is the best value for money 2.0 channel desktop 
> speaker system I've heard but I'm only repeating myself now <smile>.
> 
> On 01/07/2013, at 4:55 PM, Peter Scanlon <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
>> I saw a couple of different models, what is the model number please.
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> -----Original Message----- From: Dane Trethowan
>> Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2013 6:40 PM
>> To: PC Audio Discussion List
>> Subject: Altec Lansing Expressionists Speakers, Cheap Price But Not Cheap
>> Sound
>> 
>> The subject line says it all when it comes to this pair of speakers.
>> 
>> The Altec Lansing Expressionists speakers have little in the way of features
>> but who really cares about that when cost is low and sound - for a pair of
>> desktop speakers - is worth recommending on its own.
>> 
>> The speaker system has only 3 buttons, power, volume up and volume down
>> which are situated on the rear of the right speaker.  the volume up and down
>> buttons are identifiable by the plus and minus signs, the power button is a
>> button with a detent, not that much different to the sort of button you'd
>> find at the bottom of an iPhone screen.
>> 
>> The Expressionists speakers are designed in such a way that they cannot be
>> easily knocked over, this is achieved by the speakers having cylinders at
>> the rear which touch the desk and rubber feet at the front, I also suspect
>> that the cylinders give an opportunity to the speakers to output more bass.
>> 
>> Each speaker contains 1 3 inch driver and sound is surprisingly good
>> throughout the spectrum.
>> 
>> The system has 2 3.5MM jack input sockets which are mixed together so 2
>> devices can be run simultaneously if required.
>> 
>> Volume is louder than I expected and the system does indeed deliver a good
>> punchy sound, nothing tinny about these speakers whatever.
>> 
>> If you want high performance for music or games then this speaker set is
>> obviously not the 1 to pick but if you have a very limited budget and want a
>> set of speakers with all round good performance without too much compromise
>> then this system at $50.00 is very hard to pass up, I'll be using this
>> speaker system until my Harman Kardon sound sticks arrive in a few weeks and
>> I have no trouble with that.
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> **********
>> 
>> Dane Trethowan
>> Skype: grtdane12
>> Phone US (213) 438-9741
>> Phone U.K. 01245 79 0598
>> Phone Australia (03) 9005 8589
>> Mobile: +61400494862
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to:
>> [email protected]
>> 
>> To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to:
>> [email protected]
> 
> 
> **********
> 
> Dane Trethowan
> Skype: grtdane12
> Phone US (213) 438-9741
> Phone U.K. 01245 79 0598
> Phone Australia (03) 9005 8589
> Mobile: +61400494862
> Fax +61397437954
> 
> 
> 
> To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to:
> [email protected] 
> 
> To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to:
> [email protected]


**********

Dane Trethowan
Skype: grtdane12
Phone US (213) 438-9741
Phone U.K. 01245 79 0598
Phone Australia (03) 9005 8589
Mobile: +61400494862
Fax +61397437954



To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email to:
[email protected]

Reply via email to