I think it all depends on how it was recorded as to how much of the vocal it can remove.

Dean

-----Original Message----- From: André van Deventer
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 2:25 PM
To: pc-audio@pc-audio.org
Subject: removing vocals from a song revisited

Hi all

I asked about this before and  we had a bit of discussion about it.

I see that audacity has an option where you can do this, but the vocals seem
to still be there – very softly in the background but still there.

I’m just curious – is there a better program to do this or will there always
be some of the original vocals in the background?

Andre