That's true too, but that's a lot of editing if it's a long file. I guess
just starting a new file might not be so bad.

-----Original Message-----
From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Dane
Trethowan
Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 6:10 PM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: best digital recording thats blind friendly

No, you can't pause but the H1 does start recording immediately to a new
file so that's pausing in a roundabout way and as I also mentioned some time
ago, you can "Mark" portions of a recording so you could for example mark a
portion that you wanted to erase or edit from a recording and see the marked
portion in an audio editor, doesn't matter to me about pausing as the same
facilities exist with the Zoom H1, you just use them in a different way.

I think 1 of the newer Zoom models has a "Pre-Record" buffer and I have to
admit this would be damn handy, with a "Pre-Record" buffer, the recorder is
always recording, if you then hear a sound like a dog barking, a gun shot or
start of conversation you can press the "Record" button knowing that what
you heard will have been recorded even though you may have pressed the
"Record" button after the sound was actually heard.

On 21/08/2013, at 8:04 AM, "Hamit Campos" <hamitcam...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah, I'd go with the Olympus ones. Even the LS-7 might do since you
> don't seem to be too demanding on sound quality. I recommend this one
> since it does 96 KHZ 24 Bit. So does the H1 but my problem is you
> can't pause whilst recording.

Dane Trethowan
Skype: grtdane12
Phone US (213) 438-9741