Currently, I have the output of Winamp directed to a Soundblaster Live sound card, which is cabled to the CD input of my new Harmon Kardon 3490 Stereo Receiver. But the HK supports optical digital inputs. Eventually, I would like to connect Winamp's audio output to the HK's optical digital input via an optical digital cable. What sort of device will I need to substitute for the Soundblaster to make this possible; what sort of device to which I can direct Winamp's output supports optical digital output?

Thank you.

Blessed Be, Namaste,

Dana
that's Dana, D A N A, NOT Donna, D O N N A
If your synthesizer pronounces them identically, instruct your customized pronunciation dictionary that Dana=dayna.

D. S. Leslie, née C. R. Guttman
Email: dsles...@alumni.princeton.edu
Skype: dsleslie
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/DanaSLeslie