That doesn't sound like an AC line problem. If you had an AC line problem you would hear a 60 or 120 HZ hum. it wouldn't be high pitched.

It may be noisy circuitry in your mixer, coupled with a cabling problem, such as poor shielding or an impedance mismatch.

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Chilelli" <j...@neo.rr.com>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 5:48 PM
Subject: AC line filter question

Hi all,

I am experiencing some sort of high pitch line noise in my recordings. I am using an Allen - Heath mixing board with a usb interface into my Windows 7 computer using Audacity 2.0.4. I was told that I should look into an AC line adapter, but I'm afraid that the entire electrical system for tha room I am using is on one circut, including overhead lights and fans. I wish to be able to get rid of this line noise that exists even with the overhead fan off. Can anyone make a good suggestion as to what I should do for this problem?

Thanks,

John