Hi!

For those wanting a budget priced set for long distance listening then this
will certainly do the job.

These sets are selling for around $85.00 in the States, I imported 1 quite some
time ago, I live in Australia and bought it from a U.S. eBay seller.

The radio is incredibly easy to use and layout of controls is straight forward.

The PRD5 is a digitally tuned set with 5 presets per band, to set a preset you
tune to the station you wish to store and hold down the preset button you wish
to use for 5 seconds, the radio then stutters which means the preset has been
stored.

There's no need for clock setting as the PRD5 will use the RDS information from
a fM broadcast for clock setting.

The PRD5 has an alarm function and its easy to set but you'll need to take note
of the steps for doing this as outlined in the manual.

The radio can be run on AC power with the supplied AC power adapter or with 6 C
cell batteries.

The radio is stereo and stereo sounds quite nice through the radios pair of 2.5
inch speakers, you can use the radio with another sound source thanks to its
auxilary socket.

One thing I really like about the radio is that the sound is not muted when you
turn the tuning knob, wish other digitally controlled radios would do this.

As far as sensitivity goes? Well this radio is up there with the CC Radio II
and CC EP, not quite as sensitive as those 2 but very close and at half the
price of the CC II.

Dane Trethowan
Skype: grtdane12
Phone US (213) 438-9741