I am going to by mine next month if all goes wel. I think the new
stream could've been a bit better, but there are enough bennifits for
me at least. First off, the old stream does only charch on the
adapter. No USB charching of any kind is supported. And that is sick
in the time we live in. So now the new stream does not just support
charching via USB, but it also charch with a pere USB adapter and only
have one port wich dubble as both an charching and connection port.
The thing I like about the new interface however, is that you can now
charch and listen wile its connected to the pc. Connect it wile the
unit is turned on, and it will charch and stil be able to play and be
usable. Turn it off and connect and turn back on again and the pc will
see it as a mass storage device like the old stream did. I am also
sick and tired of stupid Samantha and tom drink to much wisky and so
the newer acapela voices are more than usable. They really are what I
can use for long hours of reading. I love the fact that now on the new
stream you can set the sleep timer in custom incriments according to
your set time, and not only the presets they always allowed. And the
way the clock works is also very unique. They seprit the clock menus
from the regular player menu. That is ausom! Also the fact that all
features are now available on the unit without the need for a softpack
installation. And now it can do line in recording. It no longer
support recording of 3gp but mp3 and wave only. That is just fine. As
far as I no about the wifi situation, you have to either type in the
network info manually, or scan for the network and add it that way.
You might be able to add an incrippted network but I doubt it can
sync. Although you can confirm that with humanware. Maybe someone on
the stream list will no more there. And they might also help with the
nls thing, I never saw any notes regarding the presents of such
adapter like the old one. And I'm not in the US, and I didn't see the
player yet. Hope this help a bit.

--
Facebook: m.facebook.com/aidan.maher92
Skype: andries4451